Turret/Laser Operator – Weekend
We are looking for Turret/Laser Operator that have a strong work history of 3-5 years of previous experience in a cutting fabrication cell as a part of a team performing set-up and operation of turret/laser equipment in accordance to quality and production standards.
Cutting Department Supervisor
Weekend Hours: (6:00 am to 6:00 pm, Friday to Sunday, get paid for 40 hours)
OT may be available Monday – Thursday
Starting $21.00/hour based on position and experience with a $5 shift premium
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for setting up and operating turret/laser equipment to cut metal components to print and MPE quality requirements.
- Responsible for identifying raw materials, loading and unloading materials using manual lifts, overhead cranes, and forklifts.
- Responsible for flexing to shakeout (part separation), deburring, hardware insertion or press brake operations based on workload.
- Must be able to read mechanical drawings and understand standard and metric dimensions.
- Responsible for verifying parts to print requirements and verifying another operators’ work.
- Responsible for following all MPE safety policies.
- Responsible for maintaining an organized workplace through good housekeeping efforts.
- Must be able to use various turret and laser equipment and produce parts that meet MPE’s quality standards.
- Operator may be subject to passing testing requirements.
- Ability to calculate figures and analyze such as dimensions, and measurements.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods.
Interested candidates should send your resume to our Human Resources department at [email protected].
Internal candidates should see PaoChee Yang to complete an internal application.
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus (up to $300)
Back to MPE Careers
MPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability