Midwest Products and Engineering Inc. (MPE-Inc.) has focused on custom engineered design solutions since 1978 and is stronger than ever! We are currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our legacy.
For over 40 years MPE- Inc. has been the leader in medical equipment and the electronic industry. Our products and services have kept pace with the rapidly changing technologies and industry needs. Our success is indicated by the rapid growth at our one location in Northwest Milwaukee.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer at MPE-Inc. you will work directly with our customers, MPE sales staff, and industrial design staff to create the mechanical design. MPE engineers utilize the parts they’ve designed to build functional prototype units for customer evaluation. Our Engineers assist Production Engineers and manufacturing on production pilot runs and are directly involved with manufacturing during the entire design / build cycle.
- CAD work to detail the design based on internal and external input
- ERP system data input / management to ensure design data reflects accurate information
- Presentations to customers, suppliers, and internal personnel
- Understand and apply specifications and regulatory information to the design and relevant processes
- Travel to customer sites to assist with design, test, and startup production
- Work within established, as well as variable, timelines
- Participate on continuous improvement teams
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records and documents as they relate to the design
- Introduce new products to manufacturing
- Assist associates to perform initial build, document issues, and troubleshoot opportunities for improvement
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards
- Implementation and compliance with all processes that flow through the appropriate procedures under the Engineer Quality Management System
- Conduct DFMEA meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5 + years of experience
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment with metal fabrication and basic electro mechanical principals
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and SolidWorks software or Pro-E
- Strong computer, math and oral/written communication skills and attention to detail required
- Ability to create / read drawings
- Knowledge of tooled processes such as cast, injection mold, pressure form etc.
- Experience, sheet metal design, and GD&T a plus
- Ability to run a technical presentation and speak professionally
- Proficient using hand tools and working with fabrication personnel
- Knowledge of UL, CE, TUV or ETL
- Familiar with FEA or PFMEA
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience with electrical circuits and components
Interested candidates should send your resume to our Human Resources department at [email protected].
Internal candidates should see PaoChee Yang to complete an internal application.
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus (up to $300)
Back to MPE Careers
MPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability