Fabrication Process Engineering Supervisor
We are looking for a Process Engineering Supervisor to lead the process engineering team. MPE Process Engineers are responsible for reviewing, developing, costing, creating processes, and creating work instructions for MPE build to print and designed products. This will include new and existing parts and products through prototype builds, product and design reviews, quality reviews, and process reviews.
In addition, the Process Engineering team provides technical assistance to Sales, Engineering and Purchasing in analyzing customer projects to provide timely and accurate proposals.
- Lead/supervise the fabrication process engineers in their day to day duties.
- Manage process engineering work hours, performance appraisals, project priorities, and assist with any training needs.
- Coordinate the work priorities with MPE’s offsite engineering resources.
- Translate customer drawings per MPE standard process capabilities. Unfold 3D models into flat layouts with bend deductions and allowances.
- Use the MPE stage gate process to create process routings for fabricated build to print and designed fabricated parts. Create and modify work instructions, create process steps, develop and create process drawings, and create any quality instruction requirements.
- Determine tooling and fixture requirements.
- Maintain revision control through MPE’s ERP system.
- Modify fabrication processes via the MPE Request for Change (RFC) process.
- Provide technical manufacturing support throughout the organization.
- Communicate with customer on manufacturing techniques and quality related issues.
- Continuously improve the fabrication process engineering procedures for improved quality to the floor results.
- Consult with supervisors and leads to determine acceptable quality levels.
- Research tools, methodologies, and processes to find solutions to improve production efficiency, quality, and safety.
- Cross-train into estimating to provide accurate quotes as needed.
- Complete time studies on manufacturing processes.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in a technical field such as Mechanical, Manufacturing and/or Industrial Engineering or related experience.
- Strong knowledge (preferably hands on experience) in fabrication manufacturing processes (lasering, welding, hardware insertion, metal finishing, powder coating, assembly)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Understanding of lean and/or six sigma methodologies
- Ability to interpret customer prints, documents and specifications
- Previous experience using CAD/CAM, Solidworks, or Pro-E Software
Interested candidates should send your resume to our Human Resources department at [email protected].
Internal candidates should see PaoChee Yang to complete an internal application.
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus (up to $300)
Back to MPE Careers
MPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability